Support Persons during COVID: * Recently Updated *
- CLINIC: To keep all of our patients and staff healthy we request that no support persons attend clinic appointments.
Certain situations will be exempt from this – please discuss with your physician.
- HOSPITAL: If the support person is COVID positive and asymptomatic; he or she may enter the unit but both the patient and the support person will be under contact and droplet isolation. ** Please follow instructions below. One support person only is allowed at this time.
- If the support person is COVID Positive and symptomatic, he or she CANNOT come to the hospital.
Masks are required in clinic and at the hospital
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- AHS COVID Vaccine, Immunization Booking: General Information
- AHS COVID, Pregnancy and Healthcare worker
- AHS COVID Vaccine and Pregnancy
- SOGC COVID Vaccine and Pregnancy Statement
COVID-19 Information from AHS
ARRIVAL at Hospital Instructions if COVID symptoms / or positive
Here are the instructions for the patient and partner for when they come to the hospital (if they are still under isolation or patient is symptomatic)
- Park in the parkade in the FOREST (Green) section
- Call the unit 403-956-1176 and let unit clerk know that they have arrived and are currently on isolation due to COVID.
- Stand beside car so that the RN can find them.
- The unit will send down a nurse that is in contact/droplet isolation PPE.
- The nurse will bring the patient and partner to the screening station on the main floor where they will be required to change out of their non-hospital issued masks.
- The nurse will bring the patient and partner up to the unit.