South Health Maternity & Wellness provides more than just medical prenatal, delivery, and post partum medical support. A one-stop resource center for expecting and new parents with service offerings including low-risk prenatal care (Our patients deliver at South Health Campus), breast feeding support, pelvic floor physiotherapy, gynecology services (*referral required), acupuncture, newborn circumcision, dedicated on site pharmacist , and prenatal education. ** See under services our new additions: Counselling and Massage *****
Here at South Health Maternity, we strive to be your medical home, and services include:
- Prenatal care
- Newborn care
- Breastfeeding support
- Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
- Prenatal Classes
- CPR training for caregivers and health professionals (on hold due to COVID)
- IUD placement
- * New: Massage
- * New: Personal Counselling
- Learn more about our services
Need after hours or Emergency care?: If needed call 911, or please proceed to unit 76, 7th floor SHC- including up to 2 weeks postpartum.
Prenatal Classes: Ready Baby
We are excited to begin offering in-person birth classes beginning in July! We are committed to your safety, and our cleaning and physical distancing protocols will remain a priority. Class sizes will be smaller to accommodate for distancing.
Massage, & Counselling **
see under services for more information
When it comes time to deliver at South Health Campus:
You are now able to have TWO ** Healthy support persons
present during your delivery as per Alberta Health Services
** UPDATED CLINIC POLICY SEPT 19/2021:
At Clinic we ask that you bring no support persons, this is to protect our patients and newborns. With the rising number of cases in the community we ask that you consider not having a support person. If there are circumstances that make this difficult please talk to your physician for accomdation**
Masks are required at clinic appointments
- If you are showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 such as: Fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat – We ask that you call our office at (403)-271-3381 and staff will help reschedule your appointment for the same date and time with a physician as a phone consultation.
- Alberta Health Services information on COVID-19 & Pregnancy: Click Here!
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!